Roundup and voting – 8th mediterranean cooking event – Cyprus12 comments Jun 12th, 2010 | By Tobias | Category: Blogevents, Recipes
Dear contestants, thank you once more for participating the event. I have summed everything up and created a little overview over the recipes you have handed in. I think we have a great collection of dishes there.
Please make use of the voting!
Linking to the voting is allowed and helps!
|The first to participate was Ivy. She is from Cyprus and cooked us a lovely dish with called Louvu me Lahana|
|Lyan is participating with a sellection of dishes. The first one is a refreshing Tzatziki|
|This is Lyan's second dish. It is Calamar with lemon and garlic butter . A great way of preparing calamar!|
|This is not the classic cinnamon role you would expect. These are Cinnamon and cardamon rolls|
|This is my personal favourite of Lyan's dishes as I am a chickepea fan. Her chickpea salad has onion, parsley, coriander and feta cheese.|
|Ivy presensts the perfect desert. Her pudding like cream is flavoured with rose water and orange blossom water. It is called Milk Mahalebi with strawberries.|
|This Moussakas is another great dish by Lyan!|
|More that burnt toast hsa grilled some Halloumi cheese for us. The dish is a Char grilled halloumi cheese with tomato and olive dressing.|
|A pita sandwich with Tzatziki is presented by the Torview blog|
|Akheela from the Torview Blog (Toronto) is presenting a second dish. This time it is Stuffed Tomatos and bell peppers with potatoes.|
|This grilled pork sandwich with halloumi cheese is brought to us by Peter from the Kalofagas Blog who is participating the first time.|
|As so often Lyan has handed in the most recipes. These are her last two entries. Roasted pepper dip.|
|Do not forget to use the 'translate' option on her website as the recipes are in dutch! Her are her marvelous Sesame crackers with Thyme.|
Her is the voting!
What is your favourite Cypriot dish? You have 3 votes!!
- Milk Mahalebi - Ivy (64%, 54 Votes)
- Louvi me Lahana - Ivy (51%, 43 Votes)
- Grilled pork sandwich - Kalofagas (31%, 26 Votes)
- Char grilled halloumi - More than burnt toast (8%, 7 Votes)
- Moussakas - Lyan (6%, 5 Votes)
- Calamar with lemon, garlic butter - Lyan (6%, 5 Votes)
- Tzatziki - Lyan (6%, 5 Votes)
- Cinnamon and cardamon rolls - Lyan (5%, 4 Votes)
- Stuffed tomatoes and peppers - Torview (4%, 3 Votes)
- Sesame creackers - Lyan (2%, 2 Votes)
- Chickpea salad - Lyan (1%, 1 Votes)
- Pita sandwich - Torview (1%, 1 Votes)
- Roasted pepper dip - Lyan (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 84