Roundup and voting – 6th mediterranean cooking event – Italy4 comments Apr 15th, 2010 | By Tobias | Category: Blogevents, Recipes
Again many of you participated. Thank you for the great collection of classic and fusion recipes we could gather. I hope I did not forget anyone!
I want to give an advise for those who participate as candidates: Linking to the voting post and encouraging your readers to vote for you recipe certainly will help you to win the cook book! May the best one win!
The first of Lyans recipes is Suppli Riso. These are rice balls filled with cheese. Again all of Lyan’s recipes are in dutch, which is fun. Please use the Google translator button at the right side of her website.
The second of Lyans dishes is a marinated Feta cheese. She flavours the cheese with herbs and keeps it in olive oil.
Her artichoke frittata is an easy to do dish. Great for all who love artichokes.
The next treat is a pizza recipe. On the photo we have a piece with prawns. A great idea for pizza.
Last but not least comes her rather exotic apple fennel salad. A salad that goes great with pasta and fish!
Visiting the Joy of cooking blog of Jagurti is always like a travel to the orient. Lovely exotoc tunes and wonderful recipes. This time she cooked Gnocchi for us.
The seelensturm blog is usually participating the event at my englisch as well as German blog. Seelensturm has chosen to turn Capuccino into cup cakes. A truly fabulous idea.
The “neues von der Insel” or news form the island blog has baked a zucchini cake form the region of tuscany. The dish is called Scarpaccia.
“Pan gravy kadai curry” is the blog of Cool Lassi(e). The interesting recipe posted is as well from Tuscany. It is a pot pie.
Cool Lassi(e) obviously enjoys italian food as much as blogging because we got presented 2 more delicious dishes. The one is Spinach Pesto with Pasta that looks just delicious.
The other recipe is sauteed asparagus with chopped rigatoni. A great pasta dish with an oriental touch.
The cooking foodie comes form Dallas Texas. Her blog is about indian and fusion food and sometimes also about Italian dishes.
The recipe she presents first is called Eggplant Parmesan.
Our texan friend was in a cooking moode and posted us 3 more recipes. Thanks!
Her Polpette di Lupo are meatless meatballs. It is certainly interesting to look into this recipe.
She turns thos into an american classic with making Spaghetti and Meatballs – the vegetarian version. Good to know that this works well with the meatballs.
Last but not least a garlic bread. Always tasty, always welcome.
And here is the voting!
Vote your favourite Italian dish. You have 3 votes to give!
- Gnocchi - Joy of cooking (57%, 52 Votes)
- Pollo alla cacciatora - Simplicity’s table by the sea (21%, 19 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan - The cooking foodie (17%, 16 Votes)
- Polpette di Lupo - The cooking foodie (15%, 14 Votes)
- Spaghetti and Meatballs - The cooking foodie (13%, 12 Votes)
- Cappucino Cupcakes - seelensturm (7%, 6 Votes)
- Pot pie - Cool Lassi(e) (5%, 5 Votes)
- Spinach Pesto - Cool Lassi(e) (5%, 5 Votes)
- Sauteed asparagus with chopped rigatoni - Cool Lassi(e) (4%, 4 Votes)
- Garlic bread - The cooking foodie (2%, 2 Votes)
- Apple fennel salad - zoveel lekkers (2%, 2 Votes)
- Pizza - zoveel lekkers (2%, 2 Votes)
- Artichoke frittata - zoveel lekkers (1%, 1 Votes)
- Suppli Riso - zoveel lekkers (1%, 1 Votes)
- Scarpaccia - News form the island (0%, 0 Votes)
- Marinated Feta cheese - zoveel lekkers (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 92