Roundup and voting – 16th Mediterranean Cooking Event – Libya3 comments Feb 22nd, 2011 | By Tobias | Category: Blogevents, Recipes
This time I am a bit late with the roundup post of the 16th Mediterranean Cooking Event. There are lots of dishes participating this time though and I am looking forward to you all voting a lot! We have 11 great dishes you can choose your favorite from.
You can encourage your readers to for you with linking to the voting!
|The first participant to join the cooking contest on Libya is Platainleafs. The great fish dish cooked by Padma Rekha, the blog´s author is Libyan Pouched Fish - tuna steaks in a great seasoning.|
|The Italian language blog Labna - amore in cucina is the second one to hand in a recipe. Bamia is a great looking okra dish with chicken and tomato.
|As many times before Sweet Artichoke is also joining us very loyal. This time with a sweet dish. Maqrood are semolina and date cookies that go very well with coffee or tea.
|The libyan food blog has never participated before this event. This time though it is participating with quite a few original dishes. The first one is called Kofta bil Batinja, a great aubergine wrap with tomato sauce.
|Basbousa with dates is the second dish to come from the libyan food blog.
|Fried fish stuffed with potatoes is a typical Libyan dish. It is called Mbatan Kawali and look fabulous. Check it out!
|Couscous bil Hoot is another great libyan fish dish. It is couscous dish with fish served with a vegetable sauce.
|Ftat Misrati is a flat bread made on the stove top. It can be used for wrapping food. The libyan version of the sandwich ;)
|Who ever thought one could not roast a salad was wrong. here you go! The dish is called Salata Mashwiya|
|Tajin Sfinari bil Zaytun is a great looking lamb dish. Ginger, cumin and caraway seeds season this dish.|
|Last but not least i want to introduce Makaruna Imbaukha bil Khalta to you. It is a bit of an unusual dish featuring chicken as well as lamb liver. Another very typical dish for the region.|
Vote your favourite Libyan dish! (you have 3 votes)
- Maqrood - Sweek Artichoke (55%, 26 Votes)
- Libyan Pouched Fish - Platainleaf (47%, 22 Votes)
- Tajin Sfinari bil Zaytun - libyan food blog (15%, 7 Votes)
- Basbousa with dates - libyan food blog (9%, 4 Votes)
- Ftat Misrati - libyan food blog (9%, 4 Votes)
- Salata Mashwiya - libyan food blog (6%, 3 Votes)
- Couscous bil Hoot - libyan food blog (6%, 3 Votes)
- Mbatan Kawali - libyan food blog (2%, 1 Votes)
- Kofta bil Batinja - libyan food blog (2%, 1 Votes)
- Bamia - Labna (2%, 1 Votes)
- Makaruna Imbaukha bil Khalta - libyan food blog (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 47